Pages

6/25/11

Dover Trench

Exhibition of Speed CD 1991--Demo 1990(?)
I found out about Dover Trench because me and my friends used to buy our skateboards from singer Eli’s  shop, Itchy Foot Moes, back when we were in high school. We’d go see them play all ages shows at Mudbugs opening for bands like Atrophy, Sacred Reich and Testament. They were as good as, if not better than any of those bands and they mixed with the Tucson and Cochise County hardcore/punk scene more than any other metal band at the time (drummer Matt Pimple’s brother would help record the Malignus Youth records). Here is their full length CD and what I think is an incomplete version of their demo. My all time favorite song of theirs, the way lowbrow Tight as a Vice, which I remember being on the demo, is not with my files. There is a hilarious video for that song here. It was filmed at the same place where, many years later, we did the photo shoot for the Blacks Hate You Like Gold LP, out by Gates Pass. The video's just as stupid and awesome as that photo shoot was. Drummer Matt is currently playing in Flying Donkey Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment