Pages

7/7/11

the Feederz

Jesus 7" 1980
Plenty of info can be found out about the legendary Feederz other places on the web so I won’t waste any time talking about their hi-jinks or show antics, but I will say that getting kicked out of town is some pretty wild west shit (and that was in the 1980s) and that if Frank Discussion pulled some of that shit in Phoenix today Arpaio would throw his ass in Tent City. But the music is as interesting as their history. It was firmly planted in early 80s hardcore, but not the orthodox bonehead hardcore like all that Boston shit. More of the thinking man’s hardcore that was lyrically sharp and sonically diverse like the Dead Kennedy’s or the Minutemen, but still low brow enough to write a song like “Jesus.” All their LPs are currently being re-repressed by Broken Rekids. When I got the first repress of their first LP (the one with the sand paper cover) I discovered that it ended up in my collection next to the Fells LP on Estrus, so I pulled the shrink-wrap off both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment