Pages

5/14/11

Limbless Torso

Shut Your Stupid Fucking Mouth-3" CD 2009
Anything anybody might have told you about 13 year old Gabriel Perez being a fucking incredible drummer was probably an understatement. I have heard one or two people add that “yeah good for a 13 year old” but rest assured Gabriel has more talent and a better understanding of the music he plays than most drummers I have played with, and I’ve played with a lot of drummers. I attribute this understanding directly to his father, Alex, whose talent often gets overshadowed by the novelty of such a young drummer playing so good. Before I ever picked up a guitar I had seen Alex play with the American Deathtrip and his extremely fast and precise guitar playing made a huge impression on me. Alex seems to have dumped all his years of knowledge into Gabriel and with Limbless Torso they play a brutal mix of grind-thrash-power–violence-metal-hardcore and punk in a very tight and calculated manner. Nick Genitals on vocals takes the Monster X style low end growl approach, similar to their first singer Rich, but the vocals don’t quite match the dynamics going on between Gabriel and Alex. Nick is genuinely hate-filled so it still works. They recently put out a 12” record which you can buy here.

1 comment:

  1. Who are you JC Mingus? We must have crossed paths, but I don't recall your name. We both know the same bands at the same time. I knew Alex when he lived across the street from Toxic Shock and we would have a BBQ cooked up by Toothless Al during the street fair. I've known Blood Spasm and FUCT forever. Do you know BSA MIKE? I went to the memorial for Death Trip Rick in 2013. Put a picture of you on your site so I can remember.
    Mark Canterbury aka Mopar Mark & Slack Mac

    ReplyDelete