Pages

5/17/11

the Screenz

demo CD circa 2004
The Screenz was the proto-type of what would become Digital Leather. I think the project was called Dickless Torso before this, but they’re all the brainchild of Sean Foree. I’ve had a love-hate relationship with his music over the years. I find some of his new wave tendencies to be annoying, but when he’s channeling the Screamers, like he did with the Screeenz I love his shit. He’s always been progressive and forward moving with his music, but there is enough continuity to it that bares his signature. I believe “random bitch” on bass here is Ryan Rousseau (Earthmen and Strangers, the Reatards) who has worked with Foree in various capacities over the years and is hell of a songwriter himself. I totally missed Foree’s live band when he had greats like Isaac Reyes (Lenguas Largas, Shark Pants) and Sean Ruse (Foolscap Fire, Hobart and over 30 other bands) playing with him and he moved out of Tucson about the time I moved back. Last I heard he was living in France or Germany or one of those places American artists go to create their worse stuff. The hidden track is a horrible cover of Prince’s “Kiss.”

No comments:

Post a Comment